Monday, June 20, 2011

Muffin Dogs


Sounds intriguing, right? Well, when I saw Moneysavingmom.com post her recipe for muffin corn dogs, I just about died. See, I love corn dogs (with turkey or chicken of course since I don't eat beef or pork).

But, we don't eat them due to the quality (or lack thereof) of the meat. We try not to eat meat with nitrites or nitrates in it (preservatives that we generally stay away from). And we don't eat much fried food (I thought I'd throw in another parenthesis since I have used a ton already).

So when I saw the recipe for these muffin dogs, I knew I had to try them. Corn dog batter with healthy(er) turkey dogs baked and not fried. So, I made them. And then ate two.

As you can see from my picture, they didn't turn out as pretty as the original recipe picture from moneysavingmom.com. Next time (yes, there will be a next time) I make these, I will cover the hotdog with the batter, not just push them in. I did use whole wheat flour instead of white, so that may have made a difference.

What I love about this recipe is that it's relatively healthy, will freeze well, and makes for a great snack or lunch to go. Yes, I will be keeping this recipe in my notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment