Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chocolate Kahlua Cake


I had a special birthday party to go to today. And so I wanted to make a special cake. For those who know me, nothing says "special" to me like coffee and chocolate. So I perused through my recipe notebook to find something good.

One look at this:


And I went weak in the knees.So, I made it.

This cake was way too time consuming. It took all afternoon to make it. And I cut corners like crazy. It said to let the cake cool completely before cutting it in half. Yeah, I didn't do that. I just didn't have the time. I didn't use cake flour, just regular all purpose. And even if the cake tasted better than it did, it's just not worth taking all day to make.


Here's how it turned out:

Yes, it looks very different from the picture above. And not just I-made-my-own-chocolate-covered-coffee-beans-because-i'm-too-cheap-to-spend-all-that-money kind of different. The frosting looked different. The cake wasn't as pretty. And I'm pretty sure mine didn't taste as good as the other one either.

The verdict: I'm tossing the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. Chocolate and coffee are an irresistible combo. Kudos for giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete