Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chocolate Cake in a Mug



My girls asked for some quality "mommy-daughter" time today. Just me, Morgan, and Ava. The babies are supposed to be sleeping.

I asked if they wanted to bake something. As soon as I asked, I regretted it. Because sugar junkies that they are, they will say yes. And as little as they are, my kitchen will get trashed.

So, I tried a recipe that contains the mess to a tablespoon and a mug. Here are the reviews:

Morgan: It's ok. Not sweet enough. (she didn't mix up her white chocolate chips well enough, so the top of the cake didn't have any.)

Ava: Good. (Ava doesn't have such a refined palate - stuff is either good or bad.)

Me: Spongy, yet dense. One dimensional taste. Not great cake. Not even good cake. BUT it contained the mess in my kitchen to one mug, the kids did it all by themselves, and I got to spend precious time with my chocolate addicted girls. Overall, I'm keeping this recipe. Not because it was great cake (I'll never make it for me). But because it contains the mess and makes memories.
Looks good though. Too bad it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment